Friday 30 October 2015

VARAGU IDLI



I had some varagu idle in my kitchen for a long time....I was thinking about what to do with this.....Eventually came up with idly....The only extra thing I added to this idly is
cooked rice since i was afraid of the result.....But believe me it was exactly like normal idly.... no  doubt I will repeat it in my kitchen....

INGREDIENTS

KODO/ varagu - 1 cup

ural dal- 1/4 cup

white poha-2 spoons

cooked rice- 2 tablespoon

fenugreek seeds- 1/4 teaspoon

INGREDIENTS

Wash and Soak varagu,poha seperately and dal seperately for 3-4 hours...Grind dal, with rice to smooth,little thick paste.Then grind varagu with poha,fenugreek smoothly.Mix both together with salt to idly batter consistency and leave overnight.Next day grease idly plates and pour batter and boil for 15-20 minutes...


SOAK VARAGU,POHA

SOAK DAL

GRIND DAL WITH RICE


GRINDED DAL

GRINDED VARAGU


BATTER LEFT TO FERMENT


FERMENTED BATTER


BOILED IDLIES....

Soft idlies are ready......


No comments:

Post a Comment