Monday 30 November 2015

MIXED VEGETABLE KOOTU

MIXED VEGETABLE KOOTU
Today I had a few left over vegetables in my kitchen.......I wanted to finish it all before buying fresh ones. I had a bottlegourd,little cabbage and carrot.So when I was thinking what to do with all these veggies, I thought I could make either a kurma or a kootu.But since I dont want much spices in my receipe today I opted for  kootu...I made
it with gramdal and the taste was really good..You can try this with any vegetable of your choice....A very simple and tasty receipe..........





INGREDIENTS
Tomato-1 big
bottlegourd-1 chopped(small one)
cabbage,carrot-1/4 cup
gram dal-1/2 cup
Chilly powder-1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder-1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
Salt- as required

SEASONING
Mustard,urad dal – 1 tablespoon
Curry leaves- few
Crushed garlic-3 pods
Hing-little

PREPARATION
 Boil gramdal in cooker for 1 whistle..Open it and add all the veggies to the  dal with 1/2-1 cup of water with turmeric powder,chilly and coriander powder,salt.Heat oil in a pan . Add items in seasoning.when it splutters add to the veggies.Mix well and close the cooker ,cook for 2 more whistles in cooker.....Make sure the kootu is slight watery for good taste...

                            
                                                  BOIL DAL FOR 1 WHISTLE


                             
                                                         ADD VEGGIES TO DAL


                             
                                     ADD SPICE POWDERS,SEASONING,
                                            SALT, ADD WATER,CLOSE IT,
                                               COOK FOR 1-2 WHISTLES

                                
                                   MIXED VEGETABLE KOOTU IS READY



No comments:

Post a Comment