Thursday 17 December 2015

TOMATO COCONUT CHUTNEY

My mother used to prepare this chutney whenever we get bored of coconut chutney.I like this chutney very much with dosas and idlies....But I dont know how I forgot this chutney all these years.Today when I was thinking what chutney to prepare for dosa, I remembered this chutney.
Its such a superb chutney with tanginess and hot taste blended together...



SERVES 2
PREPARATION TIME- 5 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 2 MINUTES


INGREDIENTS
chopped coconut-3 tablespoon
Pottukadalai(roasted bengal gram)-1 tablespoon
redchilly/green chilly-3
tomato-1 big
salt - as per taste

For seasoning
mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
urud dal-1/2 teaspoon
curry leaves- little
asafoetida-a pinch

THE PICS

sauted tomato,chilly
add coconut and roasted gram dal



PREPARATION
 Pour oil in a pan , saute red chillies and keep aside.Now saute tomato for a minute.Once it cools down,grind all ingredients together and add water once its coarsely grinded. Tomato coconut chutney is ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment