Friday 18 December 2015

KAJU HALWA / MUNDIRI HALWA

I used to see a street vendor in my place who sells kaju and badam halwa.I had never heard of kaju halwa till then.I thought of trying this receipe at home.So with a guess of ingredients I tried it at home.Both my hubby and my son loved it.My son had asked me to prepare it again...Try this halwa and please make sure



you are generous in adding ghee for an amazing taste.I forgot to take pic while adding ghee,sorry about that...




SERVES 2 to 3
PREPARATION TIME- 5 MINUTES
COOKING TIME 15-20 MINUTES

INGREDIENTS
Cashew-1 cup (200 gms)
sugar-1 cup
salt- a pinch
milk-1 cup
ghee-1/2 cup
saffron-little

PREPARATION
Soak cashew in boiled milk for about an hour.Take it in a mixer and make a smooth paste.Take sugar in a pan with 1/2 cup water boil till it reaches one string consistency.Now add cashew paste to syrup and stir it.Stir it often and till it reaches halwa consistency.Add 1/2 cup ghee before a minute you switch off the stove.Garnish with saffron and mix it.

THE PICS

Soak cashews in milk

one string sugar syrup

Add cashew paste,stir it


stir till halwa consistency,add ghee


Kaju halwa is ready...


NOTE
Please be generous in adding ghee otherwise it will be little sticky...also adding ghee gives you excellent taste and flavour.



No comments:

Post a Comment